Friday, June 13, 2008

ACTs, Summer Plans

Tomorrow are the ACTs. I'm pretty anxious to take them, actually. I mean, I have to go to Ashland, but whatever ... it'll be worth it. Considering I only got a 1640 on my SATs, which is good but not great, I'm really hoping to come away with an ACT composite of 28-31. I doubt I'll get a 31, but a 28 would be good. Most colleges ask for ACTs in the 22+ range, so I feel a 28 would be fairly impressive.

So far, I've discovered about half of the people have taken them, and half have never heard of them. Maine is one of the majority of states where SATs are more common than ACTs, while states like Indiana and Missouri have an ACT prominence. Maybe after I take them I'll understand why some states like them and some states don't. Until tomorrow afternoon, I really can't form an opinion. All I can say is that the SATs are overhyped by people. They're really not that bad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other than ACT news, I really don't have much to say. This weekend it's ACTs, next weekend I'm departing for Brunswick. Within a few weeks I will be actively involved in UB '08, and my excitement is high. Last year was amazing, and with some good people returning from last year, this summer is sure to be good. Not to mention all the good first years.
Oh well, should be good. If you want to read up on my Bowdoin excitement, my Bowdoin blog will be located at the weblink below. I won't be posting on here during the summer, most likely, so make sure to catch up with me there. Have a great summer (Elisha, lol), and I'll resume Truthiness9009 this fall.
http://bowdoinub08.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spencer!
I got a 75 on mine. I was like. Whoa.

And I really gotta start getting college applications and stuff. I would like to get that done, so I won't have to stress. =]

I'll miss you Spencer! And I'll make sure I read and comment. I'll try and get to Jake to read too, but you know him. :P Stubborn.

I hope you have a good time at Upward Bound!

Oh, and good luck on the ACT's!

John said...

Have a good summer, Spencer.